Monday, October 10, 2011

Water Run

This past Saturday we had a great time completing the 3km walk/run to help raise money to bring water to people in Kenya.  I really hadn't expected to be able to raise a whole lot of pledges since I don't have much time to go collecting... but thanks mostly to this blog I suspect, I was able to hand-in $700!  Thank you so much everyone who donated: Auntie Carolyn, Auntie Shirley, Auntie Deanna, mom & dad, Mila, Natalie, Pam, Nathan, Linda, Tara, Jade, Donna, Deb, Krista, and Troy!  You guys are all awesome!  My friend Mallory, who has 5 month old triplets, asked me to join her for this... her dad is actually going to Kenya this week to drill more wells and bring food to the people there.  It was so nice to know exactly who and what was going to happen with all the money raised - just under $50,000 total!  Here's a shot of Mallory and her kiddos along with myself and my kids!  It rained for two days before the race and then that day it was gorgeous out...

No comments:

Post a Comment