Sunday, March 18, 2012

We've moved!

The move is complete!  Well, there are still several areas in the new house that are not unpacked/organized to my liking… but hey, all our stuff is here and life is continuing on at our new address.  Moving is as hard as everyone says… and for me, change is always hard emotionally too.  I love our new house, but I also love feeling comfortable and familiar… we were in our previous house for 7 years.  Brought 4 babies home there.  So ya, I’ve shed some tears (and sweat too!) but we’re all here now and it’s starting to feel like home. 

The first weekend we got possession, I was determined to refinish the kids’ bedrooms.  They were the only rooms in the house that were not updated with new trim and I knew it’d be hard to do them once we were moved in since I can only work on things when the kids are sleeping and they’d be sleeping in those rooms.  Troy knows that my ideas are always BIG and not necessarily practical (I’m not sure why he bothers protesting anymore… once I have an idea, it is GOING TO HAPPEN!).  And thanks to my parents, my sisters, and my fellow triplet mom Mallory, it did all happen.  It kinda sucked that after all the work we did in their rooms, we still had to move… but the past is behind us now, right?  Here are some before and after photos!  I LOVE how they turned out.

Girls room before....

And after!

I still love the panelling I did in the babies room (originally done for Griff) at our old house so I wanted to do something similar again... I think it makes the walls so much more interesting!  And a chandelier is a must for a girly room!

Boys room before (well, eventually Fletcher will be in here... he still has some "sleeping difficulties" at the moment and so is on his own on the main level)


After! I saw a photo once of a room with reclaimed barn wood on one wall and I really wanted to recreate it... I used laminate flooring!  And we didn't have to patch up all the screw holes in the wall left behind by those terrible mirrors!  I had my eye on this star light for the past couple years and I finally convinced Troy to let me buy it.  It looks great in there... and I'm glad we waited until this house to get it!



View into both rooms...


We hired a painter to repaint these terribly dark walls in the front living room.  Here's the before:


And after (it's a pale blue now).  Its not a great aftershot since its kind of a mess down there, but it is much brighter... we spend a lot of time in our house so it needs to be cheerful!


I tried to get a shot of all the kids... these are the best I got.




Now we need to relax and try not to be too tempted to renovate the original bathrooms in this place... because besides all the work a move brings, it also brings A LOT of extra expenses!  We'll be laying low for a while now ;)

I want to end this post with some big thank you's!

To my big sis Mila for driving up on her day off to help paint and keep me calm.  Turns out she's a darn good painter!  And always a ray of sunshine :)

To my mother-in-law Deb for taking the kids for a full day... they left to Vegas and Hawaii the day after we got possession so I was grateful to have her help for one day atleast!  Bad planning on our part!

To my little sis Nat for learning how to use the nail gun and chop saw and helping me finish the boys wall a lot more quickly!  And for stopping in to help move whenever she had time.

To my dear friends Tara and Zeke for having all 4 kids (plus their own 18 month old) for a sleepover.  I know it was a lot to ask, but if anyone can do it these two can!  I never for a second worried about them with you guys... I knew they'd be loved and very well fed! haha!  I'm sure Fletcher would love to move in! I can't thank you enough!

To my good friend Mallory for leaving her own three babies at home to come help me paint/build.  You are so selfless and kind.  I'm so glad to have gotten to know you!  No one understands what life is really like like you do!

To Troy's coworker Scott for helping him move a bunch of stuff while I unpacked!

To my dad for being so handy! And having all the tools I could ever need!  And loving this house as much as I do... your enthusiasm and level-headedness means the world to me.  And you always make me laugh... and you just seem to know everything. Thanks for all your hard work and support!

Oh boy, lump in my throat... to my mom.  For taking all my kids and handling them all better than I can.  For hugging me when I get overwhelmed.  For helping me make decisions when my mind is numb.  For always and forever making me feel better about every single thing in my life since I was a little girl.  I can only hope I can be that person for my kids. 

No comments:

Post a Comment