Saturday, March 5, 2011

STILL in the hospital :(

We made it back to medicine hat hospital on Tuesday night after the doctors in Calgary agreed Fletcher was stable enough to go... And I got to stop in at the house for a very short hour of cuddles with the kids. It was such a tease to only see them for a bit!
I really had my hopes up that we'd be going home today cause yesterday was supposed to be the last day of antibiotics Fletcher needed via his IV. However, our doctor tells us that his chest X-ray showed a pretty nasty case of pneumonia (likely contracted while he was intubated).. Almost half of his right lung is collapsed so the doc wants to continue the antibiotics for three more days. And I'm really hoping he is greatly improved by then! He really does look good though - he's put on weight and is at 7lbs 6oz now! The girls are both over 7lbs as well! It's nice being in the same city as the kids but it's tough too cause the hospital here expects you to stay 24/7 so it's tough for me to get home. Luckily, I'm very lucky and have had great friends who have come and stayed with Fletcher for a few hours while I go home to be with the other kids. Thanks Jade for coming so quick when I was desperate to see the kids and for bringing my family dinner and for hooking Griff up with Jansen; and thanks Seigharra for taking vacation time off work to snuggle with Fletch the past few afternoons (and for the giant bag of snacks)! Even the nurses have commented on what great friends I have :) while I'm at it, thanks mom for being this amazing super hero gramma and keeping my house running and kids happy; to my dad for being griff's best buddy and keeping him entertained, and for being a real softy for my girls; to Natalie for visiting me on your breaks and helping mom at the house (even pulling the night shifts!) when you aren't working; to tara and Zeke for having griffin over and laughing when he declared your supper as "very gross" lol; to Annabelle and Lenore for helping my mom and cooking for us; to Deb for helping mom during the crazy evening bath time/supper time and for getting Griff out of the house; to krista for taking Griff (and attempting to make him poo on the potty - haha); and to all my friends and family who have offered to help and sent sweet encouraging messages... I just love you all! And I know I've probably forgotten to mention someone but please know everything has been muchly appreciated!! And if you have babies of your own at home, I'm purposely not asking you for help because I'd feel terrible if your little one caught this virus! And to those of you who are sick with colds yourselves, thanks for staying away so that the kids don't catch anything else (wink, wink Mila!).
Well, I've tried to post this twice now and have lost what I painstakingly typed on my iPhone, so I'm not proofreading this one, I'm just gonna post it!

No comments:

Post a Comment