Monday, February 28, 2011

On the mend!

I'm so happy to finally be able to post happy news! On Saturday afternoon Fletcher was transferred from the ICU to a regular unit! He's still on oxygen and is being tube fed, but he is much more comfortable and is sounding much better. Over the next couple days they expect his breathing to improve even more and then he'll be able to try bottle feeding and nursing again. We get to pick him up for cuddles whenever we want now and that has been SOOO nice!
Natalie came up for a visit on Saturday and ended up spending the night because the roads were so bad. It sure was nice to have her here (plus she brought us some clean clothes!) and she was so happy to hold Fletcher and know that he was ok.
Mom and dad took care of the other kids this weekend and I hear that my dad actually got up in the night with the girls so I'm pretty impressed!
Troy is planning on heading home tomorrow so that he can get some work done... I sure hope I'm not too far behind him or it'll get pretty lonely (and a little boring with no vehicle) here!
Thanks again to everyone who has kept Fletcher in their thoughts and prayers... It seems to be working! And a huge thank you to my family, troy's family, and our friends who have all helped keep things running smoothly back at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment