Thursday, August 25, 2011

Busy August

Well I've been slacking on the posts again and I have a lot to post about, but not a lot of great pictures and not a lot of time to do it!  So here is a very quick review of what we've been up to!

The weekend of August 13th, we attended our friends Candice and Dean's wedding up in Turtle Lake, SK.  It was a gorgeous wedding outside at her parent's cabin and we went without children, so we ended up letting loose and having a lot of fun!  I left my memory card at home so didn't get any good pictures... but we stayed up late, had some drinks and did a whole lot of dancing.  And the best part?  Sleeping uninterrupted and late into the morning!  Thanks Candice and Dean for hosting such a fabulous party! Here's one shot of the beautiful bride that I stole from Nat:


We had a nice little visit with Duane and Marina when they stopped in for a night on their way back to Hinton.  Here they are with all the kids... I actually remembered to get out the camera!  Thanks for stopping in guys!  Now if only you'd move to the hat, you could spend so much more time with all of us ;)


The next weekend we attended a garden party back home in Shaunavon in honor of my friend Allyssa and Trevor's marriage which we had attended in Toronto in May.  We brought all the kids this time and still had a lot of fun!  The only picture I have is of the boys that day... but I know my dad took some nice pics of our family that I will share once I get a hold of them!  It was a stunning party and I wish I would have captured it!  Here's Fletcher and Griffin all dressed up and ready to go:




Then just yesterday my mom, Natalie, and I took all the kids to the Calgary Zoo.  I had told Griffin that if he filled up this piece of paper with stickers (he got one sticker every time he pooped on the toilet), that I would take him somewhere special.  Here he is with his completed paper... that is a whole of pooping on the toilet!



And then of course I was a slacker with the camera and hardly got any good shots.  Here are a couple though:





On our way home we stopped at a restaurant in Strathmore for supper.  This was the babies first time at a restaurant and I knew we were pushing our luck as it was getting very close to bed time.  At first though, they were pretty excited to be out of their car seats and stroller and in an air conditioned building.  Here are some happy faces... which turned sad soon after and we quickly got out of there. 

Sunny was SO loud in there... she gets excited and hyper and just screams her head off.

Fletcher trying out the high chair

Happy girl Gibs! 

My big boy :)

Thanks mom and Natalie for taking the zoo on with us!  I think it went pretty good... as good as we could expect anyway for a 13 hour day!  Yeesh! 

1 comment:

  1. What a treat to have a weekend away...John and I still have not been brave enough to do that...or maybe nobody is brave enough to stay with the boys hahaha!

    ReplyDelete