Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Stampede

Last week I really wanted to attend the parade in town and take Griffin to the fair grounds... actually when I was pregnant with the triplets for some reason I got it in my head that by the time the stampede came around, the babies would be old enough to enjoy going out and they'd be fairly easy to manage by then.  Hahaha... now I have it in my head that by NEXT summer, the babies will be fairly easy to manage and we'll be able to do a lot more things.  We'll see how that works out...
I definitely wouldn't say the babies are "easy" to manage now, but atleast they interact more and enjoy looking around at things.  In fact, the stampede and parade was very enjoyable... they stayed in their stroller most of the time happily... and Griffin had a great time on all the rides.  We went to the fair grounds at around 3pm and didn't leave until 8:15... the babies normally go to bed at 7:30 so they did extremely well!  I kind of ended the night poorly because I decided to go on this crazy flipping, spinning, upside-down ride with my nephew and got pretty sick afterwards!  I had to sit on the grass to stop the world from spinning and as I sat there looking up at my stroller full of babies, I decided that was probably the last "big" ride I'll ever go on!  I don't know what I was thinking, I still get car sick if I try to read a map while riding in the van!
Anyways, I wish it was stampede every day cause it certainly beats a day inside at home!  Here are a couple pics of the day... wish I had taken more, but it was a busy day!

Nat & Sunny, Mom & Fletcher watching the parade.  The babies were decked out in their "western attire" until it got too hot!

Griff waiting for the parade to start!

On the airplanes!

Happy Gibs... despite having issues with the heat and getting a heat rash and swollen eyes, she's still grinning!

Sunny, who is usually a bit of a "handful" (to put it gently), LOVED to people watch and was so happy at the fair grounds!

Fletcher and my mom... a tad nervous of all the crowds!

The girls trying out our new bottle holders (thanks to fellow triplet mom Mallory for ordering them up for us!)

We had a lot of "gawkers" that day... one lady asked me if I drove a white mini van... apparently we had left one of the sliding doors wide open after we unloaded and got everyone into the stroller... hahaha... she had kindly closed the door and locked it for us.  She saw all the car seats and figured it had to be ours. Woops!

3 comments:

  1. Glad to see a post from you again! I have been thinking about you. And I hate to break it to you but next summer may not be easier...I have been telling myself that for 2 years now, hahaha...and I am STILL thinking that maybe next year will be easier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love pictures !!
    Cant wait to see you guys !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been thinking about you too Stacey! I wish you could just pop on over for a play date! Well, only if you start telling me that it WILL get easier.. hahaha! I have BIG plans for next summer!
    Thanks Sara... can't wait to see you too!

    ReplyDelete