Sunday, July 7, 2013

Catching Up...

I'm torn.  Sometimes I feel ambitious about keeping my blog up-to-date and ensuring all these memories we are making are captured and remembered.  Other times I just really admire the parents I know who are so busy actually having fun and making memories with their kids that they rarely have time to blog or update facebook. So I'm trying to find a happy medium - I want something to look back on, but I don't want to look back and wish I spent more time with my kiddos.  Anyways... here's a bit of a "catch-up" on the summer so far. We've been having lots of fun in the sun... and I think I can honestly say that this summer is "easier" than the last.

Papa teaching the kids the fine art of "beersbee"... minus the beer chugging of course!


Texas watermelon! Good, messy stuff!

Fletcher lovin on daddy

Sometimes he just can't get enough and he squeezes your face... I love that!!

Red-headed red-neck haha

Griff "sun tanning". With spf 60 I might add


My newest little love... Miss Paisley. A baby sister for Avary!

Fun at the beach!


We had to bribe them out of the water with cookies since they were looking a little blue/chilled!

Griff and his buddy Mason working hard at the sand castle building contest!

They won a prize!

Griff recently managed to get himself into a bit of trouble with the neighbor kids.  He proudly came in one day to tell me about how he "painted" the fence with mud.  I later realized it was our neighbor's newly painted fence! So they spent a hot afternoon cleaning up and apologizing :o

Troy was working last weekend so I planned to have a camp-out with the kids one night. I wanted to see how they'd make out sleeping in a tent this year cause I really want to do more of it! After looking for just the right spot, we settled on my parent's backyard.  Thank goodness, cause I ended up hauling them all in at 2am since we had some extreme winds that uh, mommy couldn't sleep through ;)
I've decided I love camping with them... but I don't love tenting. One day we will get ourselves a trailer I hope!  We had a weenie roast...

And even an outdoor movie!

Papa went all out and built a frame for the projector screen...

Yesterday Troy's sister got married.  The girls were flower girls... man is it fun dressing these cuties up!


The girls and their cousin Harper... they were so proud to walk down the aisle.  Or maybe just excited for the lollipops waiting at the end!


Troy had the camera for the wedding and so that's about all the photos I got.  There... now I'm caught up... time for a quick rest before they're all up from naps!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome Pics! We also want to camp...I don;t know i I am brave enough to do it in a tent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way cool! Some very valid points! I appreciate you penning this article and also the rest of the site is very good.


    Buy Tanning Injections UK & Melanotan Nasal Spray

    ReplyDelete