Thursday, February 24, 2011

Fletcher Update

I waited a couple days to post an update cause I was really hoping to be able to say that Fletcher had recovered and was out of the ICU, etc, etc. The truth is we don't seem to be out of the woods yet. He did have his breathing tube removed yesterday but now they are wondering if they took it out before he was ready because he's been working very hard ever since to do it on his own. This morning they put him on CPAP which forces more O2 into his lungs to hopefully help him rest a bit more. It hasn't been all that helpful but we're still hopeful he won't have to be reintubated. In some ways it was easier having him intubated and sedated because right now he is awake a lot and he looks at me with these tired little eyes and there's nothing I can do to help him. I just hope he starts coming around soon.. My poor baby. Thankfully our other kids are being very well taken care of and we can focus on Fletcher for now. Please keep him in your thoughts.. I'm sure my next post will be a happier one :)

2 comments:

  1. Aww Christa I feel for you! When Presley was born she had the ventilator and then they put her on CPAP when they took ventilator out and they told me the CPAP is very uncomfortable. I'm surprised they aren't sedating him still? They did with her. Thinking of you guys and glad to hear he is a little bit better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christa,
    I just talked to your Mom and I am so happy to hear that little Fletcher is out of ICU and doing much better.
    I was at your place Thursday night and got to hold your little girls and they are so sweet and cuddly.
    You, Troy and little Fletcher ARE definitely in my thouhts and prayers and I look forward to learning that you've been able to return home soon.
    I know there is a bunch of people and little ones there that realy miss you all.
    Lots of love,
    Uncle Terry

    ReplyDelete