Thursday, July 26, 2012

Crazy Ideas

So I'm going to be the first to admit that I am very stubborn.  When I get an idea in my head it is going to happen no matter how difficult and un-fun the journey may be.  I think this is a positive quality.  And I also think it is a negative one. This past week has been full of ambitious plans and I am VERY tired for it, but I also am happy with the fun memories we have made.  (I have already pushed the un-fun memories out of my brain so that the next time I make ambitious plans I will be confident that everything will go perfectly smooth).

We went tenting this past weekend with our old friends, the Audettes.  Our parents have been friends forever and us kids grew up together.  Its so fun to watch our kids play together now!  It was a TON of work preparing for this and not so easy getting kids to sleep/nap in a tent, but that's all behind us now.  We had FUN.

Gotta love the food when you're camping!

5 out of 7 kids!

Sunny starting to look she's really roughin' it

Griffin and his little love, Talyah

Teddy was really roughin' it!

Gibby crawling in and out of the tent

Last picture of the trip... not a very good group shot considering there were 22 of us... but we were all ready to go home!


We got home late afternoon on Monday from camping. Troy and I wished eachother a happy 7th wedding anniversary that evening and headed to bed early. Then we had a playdate Tuesday. I had a girls night Tuesday night. Then a playdate Wednesday followed by 5 hours at the local fair grounds. I baked muffins at 10pm so that we'd have breakfast to bring to the parade this morning which started at 9am.  The kids are napping now and I am going to go do some packing because tomorrow we are headed to Calgary... where we will be participating in a walk for multiple myeloma saturday morning in support of my Uncle Terry.  And finally, Sunday we will travel to Shaunavon to celebrate Troy's grandpa's 104th birthday. I'm sure it'll all go smoothly, right?! 

I was feeling overwhelmed when I started writing this post, but now I am feeling very lucky.  So lucky to experience so much with my family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment