Friday, April 8, 2011

Hallelujah!!!!

Tonight the moment we've been waiting for finally happened!!! Griffin FINALLY pooped on the toilet!!!!

Those of you who know us well will know how hard we have tried to convince him to do it... we tried every bribe and trick in the book possible.

Well tonight we knew he had to go so I locked him and I (and Sunny in the sling!) in the bathroom and told him we weren't leaving till he went on the toilet.  It was kinda tough love I guess and it finally worked.  He said to me afterwards: "you happy mommy??" and boy, oh boy, he had no idea how happy I was!  Had to hold back tears actually!  After that, he told Troy and I that he needed to go pee outside... I have absolutely no idea where this came from but I was ready to let him do anything he wanted to at that point.  So we watched him go out the back door with nothing but a T-shirt and a pair of rubber boots on.  Then he stood right there on our deck and peed.  It must have been his way of celebrating because I swear he has never done that before!  Troy took him to Canadian Tire and let him pick out a new toy.  Here's a picture of our very proud little boy.  Lets cross our fingers that he'll be using the toilet from now on and I'll only have 3 stinky bums to change :)

No comments:

Post a Comment