Monday, April 4, 2011

Success!!!

This past weekend was our first family trip and I'm happy to report it was a success!

My good friend Tara planned a surprise weekend getaway to Canmore for her hubby Zeke's 31st birthday and she bravely invited all of us.  Troy was pretty hesitant to go, but I insisted we'd be just fine (although in my head I was secretly worried that the weekend would be a whole lot of work and end up a disaster). 

I spent most of Thursday carefully packing and making sure I didn't forget anything... then Friday morning we all got up and packed up the mini van, fed the kids, and hit the road.  I'm proud to report that of the 5 couples, we were the very first to arrive in Canmore!  I think everyone assumed we'd run very late and so took their time getting there ;)

All of the kids slept almost the entire way and when Troy said he needed a bathroom break outside Cochrane, I urged him to wait until Canmore so that we didn't wake anyone up.  Here's a shot of our over-stuffed mini van... Griff waaaaay in the back with his headset on!


We stayed in gorgeous condos and the babies were all very content there.  I think the fresh moutain air and the elevation helped keep everyone happy.  It could have also seemed relaxing since we had so many extra hands to hold babies ;) We got all the kids to bed before 9pm both nights so I was able to enjoy a nice glass of wine and visit with friends.  It was heaven!



Here's a pair of helpful hands... it was Dean's first time meeting the triplets and they really seemed to like him!



Especially Fletcher...


Us girls even ventured out shopping and it was soooo nice to be able to do that... they all helped push strollers/carry babies and I am so very grateful for that.  While we shopped, the boys went skiing - it was Griff's first time and Troy said he was fearless.  I so wish I could've been there to see it for myself, but atleast he managed to get a couple pics for me!



The trip home was just as smooth and Troy has admitted that I was right and it was worth going... he hasn't exactly come out and said that yet, but the fact that he didn't say "I told you so" admits defeat if you ask me.

1 comment:

  1. YAY for you guys! I am super impressed :) I know how much work it is to pack for and plan for our three little fellas, I can't imagine you with your 3+1!!!

    ReplyDelete