Monday, January 21, 2013

2 Years Old x3

My babies are two! Wow! We had lots of fun this weekend celebrating their big day.  Now I'm not really sure how to refer to them anymore... we used to say "the babies"... now I'm trying out "the little kids"... I guess I could just use their names... I cringe a little when people refer to them as "the TRIPLETS"... doesn't really sound personable to me. They are so much more than that... three extremely unique individuals!

Miss Gibby is my soft spoken (with the exception of her ear-piercing cry) sweetheart... she loves her sleep and often asks to have a nap or go to bed... which we are happy to do cause she is much sweeter with lots of sleep!  She loves attention and is most happy if it is one-on-one.  Singing and cuddling are our favourite things to do together.

Sunny is a laid back bundle of personality and energy.  She's tough as nails, and sure knows how to work her cuteness to her advantage.  I hope she will always be so confident and eager to learn.  She is the easiest to reason with right now and always has lots of hugs and kisses for mommy.

Since day 1 I've labelled Fletcher as my big softy.  And I've tried to keep an open-mind and not decide that that's the way he will be... but he makes it tough...  he's just a giant mush-ball.  A strong little guy and very athletic... but if anything doesn't go exactly as planned his emotions get the better of him.  He's a real mommy's boy and it's hard for me to resist babying my favourite little red-haired guy.

I love love love my three little two-year-olds!  Here are some pics from their big day!

New snow hats...

A few of the kids colouring at the party... there were 9 kids age 2 and under so it was pretty busy! It went surprisingly smoothly I think though.


Some of the kids having lunch!

Sunny was the last one standing at nap time... Here she is posing in her "happy Nunny shirt" with her new backpack and boots!

And since I forgot to get a pic of the birthday table before it was emptied, here's an aftershot atleast.

The girls feeling pretty cool with their bacpacks.  They were acting all "high school".  Neither of them would let poor Fletcher stand beside them.

This is as close as he could get... poor guy, gotta be tough being the odd man out! This is the first time I've seen the girls so blatantly leave him out. (Yes, I know I have to clean my windows AGAIN!)

Waiting for Auntie Mila to arrive!

Sad "nunny" face.  Daddy looks pretty handsome though :)

Supper time! Yay!

Time to blow out the candles... ie. spit all over the cake.

Yum! Rainbow surprise cake!

Now it's off to work for me tomorrow! I'm sooooo nervous! 



2 comments:

  1. I can't believe they are two!!!! They look SOOO grown up!!! Good luck at work tomorrow, it will be hard to leave and be gone for the day but it WILL get easier!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Stacey! I think of you often and how you told me being at work will feel like a spa day... which I think is pretty crazy coming from you, since you teach a room full of kids all day! haha... so far it has been quite relaxing though... the prep work to get there isn't so fun... but actually sitting at my desk is nice!

    ReplyDelete