Sunday, January 27, 2013

Mmmmmuffins

I feel kinda bad that I haven't baked with the kids much... Griff used to help me all the time when he was a toddler... but the fighting and messing that I knew would occur has kept me from doing the same with S, G & F.  The other day I decided to give it a shot.  Mostly inspired by the gorgeous aprons my good friend Tara made the girls for their birthday! 


Here's a shot of everyone ready to go - but before any ingredients were handed out.

And ya I bet you wish I had some shots of them actually making the muffins.  But that would be CRAZY! I needed all my hands and then some to keep the experience relatively positive... definitely not the time for a photo shoot.

So here's a shot of the final product.  We made 15 little whole wheat banana muffins... and they were delicious! (and nutritious too... which is why I didn't feel bad that we ate all of them in 15 mins flat!)



They were so good they deserved to be eaten with his eyes closed.

Sunny's apron :)

And Gibby waiting for another serving in her pretty lil apron:


And in case you were wondering... my first week back at work was amazing! I still feel a tad guilty to admit that... but it seems to be such a perfect balance for me.  2.5 days in peace & quiet and still plenty of time to spend with my loves.  And they LOVED going to the dayhome. Prepping for our 7:15am departures and 5pm supper is a whole lot of work... but totally ok once I'm in my office with a cup of coffee and a clear head!

No comments:

Post a Comment